The period for projects to be submitted for Season 4 of the HackaTRON concluded April 15, 2023. There were 170 projects officially submitted across the six tracks – Web3, DeFi, NFTs, GameFi, Builder, and Eco-Friendly. TRON partnered with Huobi to sponsor this season and offer a 500,000 USDD prize pool. Qualifying winners will be announced May 15, 2023.
Here are a couple of descriptions from each track as examples of the projects that were developed and submitted for Season 4:
- Builder Track
- Multi-chain decentralized exchange with secure data transmission
- Diverse, blockchain-powered, Metaverse hub as an entertainment, entrepreneurialism, and enterprise solution
- DeFi Track
- Decentralized protocol for automated token exchange on TRON
- Marketplace for ordering “phy-gital” items (physical–digital)
- Eco-Friendly Track
- Blockchain-based solution to reduce plastic waste
- Education project about daily water usage and its impact on the environment
- GameFi Track
- Integrated financial application that mix work with play and gaming with community
- Blockchain integration to enhance all kinds of sports and sporting communities
- NFT Track
- Solution for financial flexibility in NFT marketplaces
- Automated market maker for NFT liquidity and transactions
- Web3 Track
- Social application with decentralized, economic infrastructure
- AI-integration to speed up the flow of blockchain data and information
Here is what’s upcoming for the rest of Season 4 (all times are Eastern Standard Time):
- May 1st 11:00AM to May 7th 7:00PM is the Judging and Community Voting period.
- May 15th 2:00PM is the “Qualifiers” Announcement. Qualifying winners must already have an application present on the TRON TestNet by April 15, and if they do, 30% of their prize will be distributed.
- June 1st 2:00PM is when Qualifiers must have a live decentralized application (dApp) on the TRON or BitTorrent Chain MainNet with all submitted milestones completed. Projects fully accessible to the TRON community will be rewarded with the remaining 70% of their prize.
There are two prize pools – a Judges prize pool and a Community prize pool. As explained above, judge-selected qualifiers will receive prize distribution in staggered payments dependent upon milestone completions. Community-selected winners will get 100% of their prize from the community prize pool on May 15, 2023.
Season 4 of the HackaTRON is shaping up for a thrilling finish. Hackathons are yet another way TRON aims to empower decentralized commerce and community for every person on the planet.