TRON Weekly Update
Welcome back to another weekly update! This is when we share the news from this past week at TRON with all of you. Here are the highlights, which you can also hear and read in the following video:
- Technical Progress: The checkpoint mechanism in the database module has been upgraded to v2. The delegate relationship index structure has been improved. The transaction memo fee proposal has been added. The proposal on improving the reward algorithm has been added. The Kademlia algorithm for the network module has been improved.
- TRON blockchain height exceeded 47.64M with a total of 5,584 nodes across the network.
- The total number of accounts on TRON MainNet reached 135,303,958, with 1,832,330 new accounts added this week.
- The total number of transactions on TRON reached 4.64B, and 50.48M new transactions were recorded this week.
- The TVL on TRON reached $9.6B.
- On January 12, H.E. Justin Sun spoke with the EVP of MasterCard, through Huobi Live. The pair held an in-depth discussion on topics including the trend of crypto payments and user experience enhancement.
- Justin Sun Art Museum debuted on January 12 where he introduced his collection of works from top artists, including Pablo Picasso, Alberto Giacometti, and Andy Warhol.
- The year 2022 marks a historic one for TRON’s growth, with the number of new users reaching 63M and over 11.7B TRX burned. Leading crypto media such as Cointelegraph, The Block, and CoinMarketCap summarized TRON’s performance in 2022 recently, and as The Block pointed out, TRON now has the second-largest total stablecoin circulation next to Ethereum and has been rated as one of the most eco-friendly blockchains by the Crypto Carbon Ratings Institute.
- TRONSCAN: The Contracts page has been optimized, with an overview of different contract calling methods and other widgets added, optimized data analytics are now live, and a total of 76 tokens have been entered.
Thanks so much! Don’t forget to LIKE and SHARE the video, and come back next week for another update!