1. What is TRON 2021 Global DeFi Hackathon developer contest?
TRON 2021 Global DeFi Hackathon developer contest is part of the $120 million TRON DeFi Entrepreneurial Alliance Support Program. The move is to engage more entrepreneurs and development teams in building the TRON DeFi ecosystem and further diversify the TRON DeFi ecosystem while encouraging DeFi innovation in the community.
Total prize pool for this contest is $ 10 million. The final review panel will comprise industry experts, community KOLs and a public review board, whose scores account for 40%, 20% and 40% respectively of the final score.
Registration: Feb 5th, 2021 — Feb 28th, 2021
Project Content: Contestants who finish developing an open-source DeFi project on the TRON network before the deadline will be viewed as eligible participants. The contest is also open to any existing DeFi project under development on TRON or other blockchains, as long as it meets the requirements.
Entry Categories: Lending, DEX, payment, protocol interfaces, infrastructure, analysis & visualization, stablecoin, insurance, NFT and computing power-based mining, BTFS etc.
The contest will offer a total giveaway of $10 million with the following four prizes:
Note: The special prizes, first prizes and second prizes will only be given out if there are eligible entries. In the case of no application or no eligible entry, the corresponding award will be canceled and the prizes will be accumulated to Developer Challenge 2022.
On top of prizes, awarded projects will receive additional support including but not limited to:
1. Listing on Poloniex and other exchanges supporting the TRON ecosystem;
2. Fast-track listing on TRON-powered DEXs such as JustSwap and PoloniDEX;
Awarded projects will be featured on a dedicated page. Users can stake SUN to vote for their favorite projects, and the most voted project will get extra exposure and the chance to receive funding from TRON Foundation and Justin Sun.
3. Included into the DApp section on TRONLINK and other TRON-supporting wallets with featured banner;
4. Gaining traffic from 2 billion users on BitTorrent and Utorrent clients;
5. Mentioned on TRON social media, including Justin’s Twitter, and all official accounts of TRON Foundation, BitTorrent Foundation, Poloniex, JUST Foundation and SUN Foundation.
Registration: Feb 5th, 2021 — Feb 28th, 2021(HKT)
When registering, contestants are required to specify the category of the entry, project name and complete the registration form. It is advised that contestants give a detailed description of the logic and characteristics of their project in the form. Given that some projects may take a long time to develop, applicants who miss the TRON 2021 Global DeFi Developer Hackathon will be enrolled in the next one in 2022.
Pre-screening: March 1st, 2021 — March 7th, 2021(HKT)
The contest organizing committee will screen all entries in live streaming, and qualified contestants or teams will enter the next stage — development.
Development: March 8th, 2021 — May 1st, 2021(HKT)
The organizing committee will hold weekly conference calls with development teams, where contestants are given an opportunity to update their progress. We are also open to new registrations during the development stage.
Final review: May 2nd, 2021 — May 8th, 2021(HKT)
The final review panel will comprise experts, KOLs and a public review board, whose scores account for 40%, 20% and 40% respectively of the final score. Experts and community KOLs will be scoring the entries in live streaming, while public reviewers will vote with TRX and SUN.
1. Participants are required to develop DeFi projects on the TRON network.
2. When developing, developers must use tools including but not limited to JustSwap, JustLink and TronGrid, and store source code on Github.
3. Complete registration in time. After passing initial screening, contestants should disclose project progress as required, otherwise the entry projects will be disqualified.
4. Entry projects must observe relevant laws and regulations of the countries where the project team registered.
5. To attract wider participation in the contest, we encourage participants to team up in the contest, where each offers their own set of expertise, like product design, coding, UI design, etc. Therefore, individual participants can send descriptions of their own expertise, the skills they need and Telegram ID to the official email address. We will match individual participants according to their own skillsets. In this way, ordinary people who would like to devote themselves to blockchain entrepreneurship will also be able to enjoy the charm of decentralization.
5. How to Enter
a. Open the application form at https://forms.gle/KkC4ygUg1y1PZpWY6
b. Fill out the basic information of the project. Required fields are: project name, project URL, entry category, project description (1 sentence), project details, github address, team name, social media account, founder/email/TG, project valuation/estimated funds raised.Optional field is: Powerpoint presentation of the project. Please provide as much information as possible. It’s advised to have a verified Twitter/Weibo account.
c. Click “Submit” to complete the application.
d. Make sure to join the Discord community at https://discord.com/invite/7RQpUsnS4d for future updates.
TRON Developer Guide: https://developers.tron.network/
Meanwhile, we are recruiting for the judging panel comprising expert developers and community KOLs. Interested applicants are welcome to contact us at [email protected].